It’s been a tough year for everyone, and you’ve most likely turned to your best gal pals to get you through this pandemic. Girls’ night out and weekend getaways – will they fill our calendars in 2021? I hope so! In the meantime, how do you stay connected with your friends? Group chats, DMs, catching up on social media all come to mind. How about planning a virtual spa day for Galentine’s Day this year?
Typically celebrated on February 13th, Galentine’s Day is one of those wonderfully made up holidays meant to celebrate your closest friends. And who needs an excuse to shower friends with love and attention? Celebrating virtually means you can include all your gal pals, near and far. I’ve got some fun ideas for you, so start planning your virtual spa day!
Pick a date, choose your video conferencing tool, and prepare a little spa kit to send out to your friends. How you choose to design your spa kit it totally up to you. Do include a note in your kit, letting your recipient know that they will be using the items together during your spa date. After all, if one person is going to wear a facial mask, you all are going to wear a facial mask! Here are some picks for what I’m giving to my ladies. Use this as inspiration or customize it to fit your group! I’ll have additional ideas at the end of this post.
Virtual Spa Day Kit
1. Ghiradelli Chocolate – $4.79/4.8oz bag
2. Aveeno Repairing Cica Hand and Foot Masks – $2.69 each, target.com
3. Elastic hair ties – click here for my post on how to make your own
4. eos Organic Lip Balm Sphere – $17.99 for seven, Costco.com,
The eos Valentine card template is posted below
5. Dove Hearts – $3.99/8.87oz bag
6. Vital Proteins Variety Dietary Supplement Stick Pack – $11.99/5, target.com
7. Skip The Spa Sheet Mask Box – $5.99/3, target.com
These were so fun to put together, and you can get as creative or spendy as you want. I created a template you can use for the eos lip spheres. It’s a simple template you can print out on cardstock and then cut to fit the lip sphere. Get the template below:
Elastic hair ties are super easy to make, and I love that you can customize your colors. You can find a huge selection of fold over elastic on Etsy. I’ve got a simple tutorial on how to make your own here. Just slide them over a piece of cardstock approximately the same width of your hair ties when not stretched out.
I also created a ribbon bookmark that I made out of FIMO clay. I personalized it by stamping names on it before baking the clay. It requires a little more effort, so if you are up for a crafty project, you can find my tutorial here.
Here are other ideas for you to include in your virtual spa kit:
– Facial roller or gua sha stone
– Wine, especially those cute little 187ml bottles
– Cozy socks
– Head band or wrap
– Mani/pedi supplies (nail polish, polish remover wipes, orange stick)
– Aromatherapy essential oils
– Flowers – a small floral arrangement or single bud
– Your recipient’s favorite treats
– Anything else you can think of that is meaningful and fits your theme!
However you choose to celebrate your friends throughout the year, your gal pals will appreciate the thought and gesture. Galentine’s day, oh how sweet it is! Now go and put together a little treat for your friends!